Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Prayer

Prayer is an essential part Lent, as it is an important part in getting to know Christ and becoming closer to Him. There is a special prayer that is said especially during lent. I would encourage you to incorporate it into your daily prayer life for this paschal season.

The Prayer of Saint Ephraim the Syrian is traditionally said many times throughout each day during Great Lent, in addition to our daily prayers.

O Lord and Master of my life, take from me the spirit of sloth, faintheartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. (+)

But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience and love to your servant. (+)

Yes, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own sin and not to judge my brother, for You are blessed from all ages to all ages. Amen. (+)

(The “(‘+)“ indicates that those praying make a deep bow or prostration at this point.)

No comments:

Post a Comment